Your personal driver will be waiting for you at the port of Livorno directly at the cruise dock, holding a sign with your name on it.
This is a unique tour where you can combine the famous Cinque Terre to another enchanting village, Portovenere.
Portovenere is a unique country full of colorful houses painted in different colors , you will be hypnotized by its beauty ,all surrounded by the ancient medieval walls!
you can see Doria’s Castle, Byron’s Grotto, Saint Peter’s Church and more the typical products to be tasted are famous “pesto” (Made with ground pine nuts, basil leaves, a little garlic, a little cheese and Parmesan cheese and of course exstra virgin olive oil) and the famous white wine produced in the 5 lands Sciacchetra.
you will have approximately 1 hour to visit Portovenere before proceeding to the Cinque Terre.
Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso are the names of the 5 coastal villages. the five small towns and the surrounding hills are named Cinque (five) Terre (lands) and has become a UNESCO world heritage site.
The driver will pick you up at the port and will take you to Portovenere where you will have about an hour to explore this amazing village. You might choose to visit the Cinque Terre departing direclty from here by ferry (it is much recommended to visit by ferry) or you can choose to be driven to the first Cinque Terre village, Riomaggiore and continue by train . We will give you all the information to enjoy this incredible national park on your own; you will decide the time to visit each village, it is important to be at Monterosso for the departure time which will tell the driver
. The driver will inform you about ferry and train timetables. The driver in the meantime will drive to Monterosso ( the last village ) where you will meet him to take you back to the port on time.
you can visit all 5 villages (but it’s a race) , all 5 including Portovenere will be exhausting! Please choose no more than 3!
The village of Corniglia is located on a hilltop! is the most tiring do not recommend it
I recommend : the visit ; Portovenere – Manarola – Vernazza – Monterosso
– On this tour walking is difficult because of steep hills , comfortable walking shoes are recommended
– Unfortunately this area is not wheel chair accessible
– Weather in the Cinque Terre is always very variable. If bad weather is forecast, we do not recommend excursions there . Incase of bad weather you will be able to choose a different option with your driver.
– Please note that the tour cannot be refunded.
– if the sea is rough you will be visiting the Cinque Terre by train that you will take to Riomaggiore the first of the 5 lands (the driver will take you to Riomaggiore or Manarola)